Things to Consider
When chosing a removal company, we recommend you consider these factors:
- Read your removals quote closely and check what exactly is and is not included.
- Check their insurance details.
- See if they lend you packing boxes and equipment as this can add up to quite a cost saving for you.
- Ask about payment options. Reputable firms should accept debit / credit card payments, and should not really be asking for cash on the day.
- Check their delays policy, as some charge by the hour for delays even if they are out of your control – i.e. solicitor waiting on funds or other solicitors in the chain.
- Check to see if they have a complaints procedure.
- Ensure they use uniformed staff.
- Ask about their parking policies with regards to obtaining any permits for either your existing or new home.